This game had very nice artwork with great atmospheric music and just enough action-puzzle platformer gameplay. I wouldn’t go for all the extra material and achievement hunting but the 10 hours was well worth the playthrough. One thing bonus was the ending: I totally didn’t see this beautiful piece of art coming at the conclusion of the story. That I would replay a few times just to look at it.
Stunning in terms of visuals and theme. A few things that I feel worthy to highlight:
- The character, set and costume designs are remarkable.
- The world behind the movie is something that I am totally blown away by. I want to know so much more than I had the chance to catch in the flick.
- Charlize Theron, obviously. Note: if you like to see her act grim and dark don’t miss out on Snow White and the Huntsman, which may be a much better movie than you might expect.
- The voices are acted and added in a sterile and distanced manner, which produces an absolutely unique atmosphere. Like the conversations were not happening in place but layered over the story like some kind of narration.
- The music was great, but in a few occasions the pathos was over the top and out of context. Still it’s something great to listen to even on its own right.
- And the guy with the guitar! OMG. Every single appearance made me grin like an idiot.
I gathered quite a few poster art (official and fan-made) below.Continue reading “Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)”